Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Monday, January 23, 2012

Crockpot Corn Chowder Recipe




5 medium russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
2 onions, chopped
2 stalks celery, chopped
16 oz frozen corn
1 tablespoon butter
2 14-oz cans chicken broth
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 Eckrich smoked sausage sliced thin and cut in half

Throw everything in the crockpot and cook on low for about 8 hours.

Notes:
  • Medium spicy. If you want more, up the cayenne but be careful.
  • Sausage comes two to a pack. If you want more meat, use both. If you want less calories, use turkey sausage.
  • The salt in the sausage and broth is plenty for my taste. You may want more.

7 comments:

Beadknitter said...

Yum! This sounds so good. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Jan said...

Thank you! I'm stuck home with a foot in a cast. And though I can walk, tending a stove gets tiresome. This is perfect, I have everything on hand, and I'll have a wholesome dinner.

Gale said...

Looks yummy! I went and found a copy of the Taste of Home cookbook you mentioned in an earlier post. Good stuff in there too.

Nancy said...

This looks great! We often make a similar soup with lentils and turkey sausage. Now I want to try your recipe. Thanks for posting it.

Rita said...

I am almost overlooking the recipe, because I want to know about you tooth ache. Is it better now?

Rita

Renna said...

That recipe sounds so good. I pinned it to my crockpot Pinterest board for safekeeping until I can grocery shop.

I'm so sorry about the jaw pain you're having. I had to have a broken wisdom tooth cut out last year, and I remember so well how bad the pain was. All I can say is BLESS YOUR HEART!

SNOWBIRD said...

Backing up here just a little bit. It's 3/3 and you posted this recipe when? Anyway, I tried this on the family and it was a hit. Thanks for posting.