Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Socks for Brother Dave



Finally finished brother Dave's socks.

Pattern: A variation on basketweave.



Multiple of 6 stitches: (I used 72 stitches for a man's sock)

X O X X X X Row 4: p4,k,p
X O X O O O Row 3: k3,p,k,p
X X X O O O Row 2: k3,p3
X O X O O O Row 1: k3,p,k,p

X = purl
O = knit

Yarn: Stalwart Sock from Slackford Studio. 75% Superwash Merino, 25% Nylon 4 Ply Fingering Weight Sock Yarn.

Color: Passage to India.

Needles: Options 2.50mm circulars.

Gauge: 8 stitches/inch, 10 rows/inch in stockinette.

4 comments:

Dorothy said...

Holy cow! Those are some big socks. I have to give brother Dave some credit for wearing such vibrantly colored socks. I don't think I could talk hubby into that. He'd insist on basic black - which is one of the reasons I don't knit him socks. That and the fact that his would be almost (but not quite) that big!

robynsnest said...

The socks are so cheerful! What a great color palette to work on in the winter. Your brother has generous feet like my son-in-law. :o) It seems to take twice as long to make his socks than for anyone else in the family. He asks for new socks in such a nice way I can't refuse!

Nancy said...

I'm glad to see you knitting again!

Marie said...

The socks are a great labor of love--and I have used almost the same colorway, which I enjoyed knitting, called Jitterbug "Fire".