Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Blizzard, New Yarn, and Gail's Socks

The weather chatter all agrees this is one of the earliest blizzards in several decades.

Where we live there are bands of Lake Effect Snow along with high winds and regular storm snow. Hard to measure depth because of the drifting. I'm guessing about a foot and it's still coming down in heavy, measurable amounts.

To make things more interesting, the after lunch temperature is 9 F/-13C. The wind chill is -8 F/-22 C. The dogs are not begging to go out. Neither am I.


This came along with the purple yarn shipment from Slackford Studio. The colorway name is Woodland.


I've started the first pair of purple socks and am looking forward to sharing the pretty little stitch pattern I'm using on the cuffs. It's the perfect day for knitting. I'm so happy I don't have to go anywhere today, even if I did miss my much needed haircut appointment.

I'm also happy to have Gail's socks done so I can knit on something more interesting.

Dog trainer Gail's socks, finished in plenty of time for the doggy school party on Sunday.

Hopefully we'll be able to get out of the driveway by then.

Pattern: Basic cuff down sock pattern on 64 stitches. k7p1 ribbing on cuff and instep.

Yarn: Regia.

Color: Kaffe Fassett 4251.

Needles: Options #1, 2.5mm

Gauge: 8 stitches/inch, 10 rows/inch

No comments: