Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Monday, July 06, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook for July 6

These writing prompts are available from Simple Woman's Daybook where each Monday we're invited to join in celebrating the beauty of everyday moments around us.

FOR TODAY July 6, 2009...

Outside my window... A large patch of milkweed are starting to bloom. Their heavy, sweet scent is so strong it saturates the entire East side of the house.

Normally considered weeds, the patch gets to grow because milkweed is the sole host for monarch caterpillars. I've been looking for years and have yet to find one.


I am thinking... It's such a pleasure to be able to do something that used to be part of my normal routine, like write a Simple Woman's Daybook post on the first Monday of the month.

I am thankful for... The quality, compassionate medical care we have in Kalamazoo.

From the kitchen... There's a low sodium pot roast dinner in the Crock Pot. Not exactly summer fare, but we're into comfort food right now.

I am wearing... Jeans and a Kelly green V-neck tee.

I am creating... Grape Hedera socks.

I am going... To accept the reality that the yard is not going to look beautiful this year.

I am reading... Just finished True Detectives by Jonathan Kellerman. It was good enough to be readable but not so engrossing I couldn't put it down to do other things. Not a good as previous Jonathan Kellerman books.

When I went to Amazon to swipe the picture, I noticed it only averaged three stars out of five. It doesn't deserve more than that.



I am hoping... That when they call with an appointment time for Bob's Wednesday outpatient procedure it won't be before 10 am.

Note attached later: I got half my wish. The procedure is at 10 am. We have to be there at 8:30. Dogs will have to understand.

I am hearing... The huffing and puffing of the oxygen concentrator. If I wasn't so happy to have it, it would be driving me nuts.

Around the house... The dogs are still trying to figure out the oxygen concentrator. Pappy thought it might be there for him to pee on. Hopefully I have corrected that misimpression.


One of my favorite things... Bright orange tiger lilies.


A few plans for the rest of the week:
Whatever Bob's doctor orders next.
Spending Wednesday at the hospital with Bob.
Haircut on Thursday if I can leave Bob home alone.
Stalking the maillady for my new Slackford Studio order. Comfort mail to go with the comfort food.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...

Catbird, taken in May.

No comments: