Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Monday, July 20, 2009

Rick Finished

Saturday night I settled down with an audio book and finished the left Rick sock.

We're having a comfortable, cool July. Sunday morning the temperature was in the mid 50s (F) when I dressed for church, so I picked out a red sweater and wore my new Rick socks.


I've been surprised that the socks I've been knitting lately are fitting my narrow feet without modifications. I think it's the yarn.

The Slackford Studio Stalwart sock yarn is very smooth, not as fuzzy as Opal and other sock yarns I've used. Maybe it's a little thinner, but I think it's just the smoothness that's resulting in the tighter stitches. I couldn't be happier about being able to knit socks that fit without trying to figure out how to eliminate stitches.

I'm collecting a nice little stash of Stalwart sock yarn as colors appear that I can't resist. This evening I plan to pick out my next Cookie sock project and cast on.


Pattern: Rick from Sock Innovation by Cookie A.

Yarn: Stalwart Sock from Slackford Studio. 75% Superwash Merino, 25% Nylon 4 Ply Fingering Weight Sock Yarn.

Color: True Blood

Needles: Options 2.5mm circulars.

No comments: