Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Chat Back for December 13

Answering questions from comments and email.

Jean asked . . .
Would you know where I could get this pattern, it is calling to me. The swatch you knitted looks like it would be crisper looking, more defined stitches (than the picture in the pattern) right?.

The cabled vest pattern is free from Patternworks when you buy the Bretton yarn. There are about 10 free patterns to select from. Just pick the one you want when ordering online.

Right! The stitch pattern shows up better in the pink because the yarn is a lighter color than the dark yarn used for the pattern picture. Dark colors don't show stitch patterns as well as lighter colors.


Barbara asked . . .
Would you please post what sizes the pattern covers and the amount of yarn for each?

The sizes run 36(40,44) requiring 6(8,9) balls of Bretton, 50g/145 yds per ball. It's a DK weight yarn.

I bought the bag of 10 balls to get the better price. If there's enough left over, Bretton makes wonderful warm cuddly socks or mitts.


Dorothy asked . . .
Where do you get your Opal? After hearing you rave about it so much, I really do need to try some.

Simply Socks Yarn Company has Opal yarn.

In the brief time between my trumpet lesson and my church class on Wednesday evening I went to the biggest yarn store in Kalamazoo to select brother Dave's sock yarn in person. They carry Opal and I planned on buying Opal, but once I saw this Regia it was a done deal.

Fortunately for my pocketbook, I didn't have enough time for other yarn browsing. I don't need more yarn. Really. But now that I know how close the yarn store is to the music school . . . . DANGER!



Tomorrow, Sunday, is the doggy school Christmas party. This afternoon I baked a dogfood cake to take for the dogs. My dogs tell me this is really yummy stuff.

Dog Food Cake

2 c. flour
2 (6 oz.) cans Hi Protein dog food
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. oil
4 eggs
4 tsp. baking powder
Milk - enough for batter consistency (I used a half cup)

Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes in 9 x 13 inch pan. Recipe can be "halved" for smaller cake.

Frost with whipped cream cheese.

No comments: