Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Monday, April 16, 2007

Socks and Gems Merino Order

Opal Elemente stitch pattern close upPattern: Basic top down sock on 60 stitches with stitch pattern in cuff.

Yarn: Opal sock yarn, 75% wool, 25% nylon

Color: Elemente 1075

Needles: Addi Turbo #1

Gauge: 8 stitches/inch, 10 rows/inch

Inspiration: A good, practical friend gave me this yarn for my birthday. I wanted to knit something a little more interesting than plain ribbing, but still simple.

Stitch pattern in cuff, multiple of 10 stitches, 2 rows:
  • Row 1: k,yo,k3,sl1-k2tog-psso,k3,yo
  • Row 2: knit


Opal Elemente 1075 socks in progressIt's time for the heads down sock knitting. When these are done, I have less than a month to knit daughter Heather's birthday socks. When those are done, it's time to work on Mom's birthday socks.

I've been collecting some pretty sock patterns. Decision time coming up soon.


Louet Gems Merino yarn to try outIt arrived! Louet Gems Merino, machine washable and dryable, in three weights for my swatching pleasure.

I have dozens of project possibilities rattling around in my head, but first I'm going to knit swatches until my thoughts settle on the next project.


From left to right:
  • Worsted weight, color baby poop brown Ginger. I thought Ginger sounded like a pretty color, but it isn't. The other shades of brown on the color card are lovely.

    Guess that's why I purchased a color card before investing in enough yarn to make a garment.

  • Sport weight, color Shamrock. 100 gram skein.

  • Sport weight, color Violet. 2-50 gram skeins.

  • Fingering weight, color Bright Red. Still thinking about that 8 stitch/inch Japanese gansey.

No comments: