Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Peerie Brocade Update

Peerie Brocade with left front done and right front startedPattern: Peerie Brocade from Fall 1999 Knitter's Magazine. Designed by Charlie Hada.

Yarn: Elann's Peruvian Highland Wool

Color: Dusty Teal

Needles: US #4

Gauge: 23 stitches/4 inches in pattern

Little by little I've been knitting on the Peerie Brocade. It's knit in one piece, so what you're seeing here is 44 inches across. On the left is the finished left front. On the right is the partially knit right front. In the middle is the back.

I didn't have good light for these pictures. There will be better pictures in the future.


Closeup of Peerie BrocadeHere is a closer view of the Peerie Brocade pattern.

The pattern as written makes a thigh length sweater. Mine is only going to be lower hip length.


Comments on the Comments From My Previous Post
  • I do feel much better today. Thank you for the sympathy and prayers.

  • Not a single person mentioned that it was a bit dumb to start a blanket without having enough yarn to finish it. Knitters are so kind.

  • I want to finish the blanket. If the Patternworks order arrives with a different dyelot, I will check out the other yarn stores my readers so kindly mentioned.

  • I attribute the poor customer service at Patternworks to an inadequate computer system. An online order taker should be able to see what they have in stock by dyelot. When ordering from Elann, for example, the dye lot is listed with the color number. If there is more than one, they’re all listed. Now that is knowing what is important to the customer and having a good computer system to support it.

  • And, speaking of Elann, I happen to know that they still have over 50 skeins of my dye lot in the Dusty Teal Peruvian Highland Wool I'm using for Peerie Brocade. I don't think I'll need it, but it's comforting to know it's there.

No comments: