Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Saturday, May 09, 2015

Monday Was a BIG Day

Monday morning I turned in the keys to Mom's apartment. That means it was empty and reasonably clean, one of the biggest tasks I have done in years. Considering all the things I've done in the last few years, that makes it a very big task indeed.


I did have plenty of help, all of it younger and stronger than me with the exception of Jay who is stronger but not younger. Ultimately the responsibility was mine and there were many days when I wondered how I was ever going to get it done. It's a huge relief to have it finished.


The timing wasn't planned, but it worked out perfectly that I was ready to do something happy and exciting on Monday afternoon. I bought a 2015 Subaru Legacy all wheel drive sedan to replace my 2000 Camry.

Before I went to the dealership Monday, I had the exact model, options, and color picked out. The salesman looked up the list of Legacys due to arrive and found an exact match except for one additional option, the remote start.

It's due to arrive in Kalamazoo the week after next.

1 comment:

Yarn and Ivories said...

Oh, Marguerite! Spring has sprung, and I hope your weather is straightening out for you! And , lucky you, you have clean windows! Keep up the knitting. I bought Stroll yarn for socks on your recommendation, and I'm struggling with the tweed. The color I love, but the tweed makes it look like it has dandruff! Not at all appetizing. I hope some of the color will bleed or I will have to pick out the tweed bits. It's rough losing your Mom, but you'll never really lose her... After 14 years, my Mom is still in me.