Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Snow, Ducks, and Hawk

A March snow is seldom very serious, but it is disappointing to those of us who are ready for spring.

These pictures were taken today during breaks in the Lake Effect Snow waves that have hit on and off since yesterday.

The ducks don't care if there is snow. They know nesting season is coming soon so they're checking out the pond.

If they could understand me, I would tell them the pond is not a good choice. It contains several large snapping turtles that will happily feast on their duck babies.



This hawk has been hanging around all winter. Now it appears it is checking out my nest boxes waiting for something yummy to move in.

Normally I don't mind nature being nature, but I do hope it will leave my nest box families alone.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We pay the price of having so many eagles around here. They will even take small dogs and cats! Sometimes the circle of life can be painful!

Jean said...

It is painful to see this happen and it saddens me but life goes on.