Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Snapshot for September 27

Weather in SW Michigan ...
Autumn sweater weather. Some trees have just started to turn into their beautiful fall colors.


Really?
Last Saturday we had hail. The outdoors turned white and we were faced with thinking about the coming winter.

Further west toward Lake Michigan the white stuff was solid on the ground and cars were sliding off I-94 on an almost balmy fall day.

In my yard, the hostas that hadn't been eaten by deer were beaten full of holes.


I am creating...
Finished blessing hat number 7. Now I'm back to working on the Vitamin D sweater. Need to get it done because the yarn for my next three projects has been ordered.


I am procrastinating ...
Putting the mattress back on the bed. It's on the floor because Sunny has been taking drugs for her arthritic back and I didn't want her climbing up and down to and from bed height.

We just started a three week taper of the Prenesolone. I'm watching her very close to make sure she's not in pain, but it's difficult to tell. She's doing a lot of pacing this afternoon and I have to wonder if she's OK.

I also have some arthritis and climbing on and off a mattress on the floor is something I will willingly do for only a few special loved ones. I'm ready to put the bed back together as soon as I think it's safe for Sunny.


I am reading...
The Lake of Dreams by Kim Edwards, a pleasant, slow moving book about a secret family past and current family members with relationship challenges.

I have the audiobook and am using it for knitting noise. It's perfect for that.

I am hearing...
The guys on WKZO Radio as they talk about maybe finding Jimmy Hoffa under a Roseville driveway. He went missing 37 years ago. Bet my granddaughter doesn't even know who Jimmy Hoffa was. Maybe my children don't know.

Surprised that this made the news. Surprised that the FBI still cares. Will be even more surprised if they actually find him.

Outdoors ...
Sedum plants are amazing. I love them because they can thrive in my poor, sandy soil without watering, even in extreme heat and/or drought. They just proved themselves hail-proof as well.


Something new for me ...
Just bought Chic Knits Mondo Cable Pulli pattern and have some bright blue Dream in Color Classy coming to knit it. For several years now I've been reading about the joys of knitting with Dream in Color yarn, so I'm looking forward to giving it a try.


Giving thanks for ...
The lazy, relaxing, fun time I had last week with Granddaughter Kimmy.

6 comments:

kathy b said...

Kimmy is BEEEEEE Utiful.
WOW.

Love your quiet lovely posts

Nancy said...

Wow, hail this late in the season doesn't bode well for the rest of Autumn. Temps in the 60s here, but still no hard frost.

Great sweater pattern: it should be fun to knit.

janna said...

You certainly do love that dog!! ;-) I have arthritis in my ankles - I had no idea how much you use your ankles for things like getting up off the floor, until mine were so stiff!

Sheri said...

Kimmy is Beautiful and I can remember when she was still a little thing. Did you get your smart phone lesson? They are fun when you get the hang of them.

Not much fall color where I live. I miss the New England falls I grew up with.

Unknown said...

I have knit the Chic Knits Mondo Cable Pulli several times and love that pattern. Easy enough but the cable keeps it interesting. And fits well. Hope you like it. Especially with that lovely yarn you have coming.

Serge said...

Kimmy sure looks lovely! I hope you get to post more of your adventures and misadventures with her!