Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Chat Back for September 12

Answering questions from comments and email.

Sue asked . . .
Did you know Slackford Studio now has a Ravelry group?


I didn't know that, so I clicked right over to Ravelry and joined up.

Sue has some Hedonist Sock - Merino/Nylon/Cashmere sock yarn coming soon. I can hardly wait to try it but will hold off until she dyes a color I can't resist.

That probably won't take long.


Barb R asked . . .
I see you have baby finches. Do they have several hatches a year? I ask because all the goldfinches at my feeder are now gone. Are they off having another family?

Not sure how to answer.

This time of year natural seeds are abundant. Maybe yours found something they like better than feeder seed for now.

The Goldfinches are late nesters and normally have one or two nestings a year. They are busy at my feeders all summer, both the sunflower seed and the thistle seed.

Since I have dozens of Goldfinches, I wouldn't notice if a family or four were taking a feeder break for nesting. They don't migrate, so I see and feed them year round.



Linda Jo asked . . .
Are you familiar with the Walker Treasury Project? It's a blog devoted to posting pics of samples of each of the Treasury Book's stitch patterns in color.

It's here.

Thanks. This is interesting.

When I'm browsing a Walker book for a stitch pattern I actually like having the pictures in black and white so I can imagine them in the color yarn I'm planning to use.

For nature loving readers who don't read Linda Jo's blog, she documented a recent moose family visit to her yard with twin mooselings. Amazing. And I'm glad it's her and not me. Those things are BIG!

No comments: