Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Friday, February 06, 2009

Flashback Friday - Sunny Picture Story

This was previously posted February 17, 2004 on my first blog Seasons of Violet in response to a Blogger Idol theme ‘Picture this'.


Guest Post by Sunny, Princess of Violet Acres
We all know that dogs can't talk. Bet you didn't know that dogs can write Blogger Idol entries. Well, picture this . . .


Picture of SunnyHello. I'm Sunny, the Princess of Violet Acres.

I'm a very small dog. My favorite place to be is somewhere warm and comfy, like Mom's lap.

When people ask Mom what kind of dog I am, she just laughs.

I came from the pound, so whatever kind of dog they have at the pound is what I am.


Picture of Sunny in the GrassSometimes I have a wonderful dream about warm sunny days, green grass, and open fields.

Life used to be that way a long time ago - before all the leaves fell off the trees and the cold, white stuff started falling out of the sky.


Picture of Sunny ListeningI think I hear Mom calling to go out for a walk and I'm not sure I want to go.

It's warm in the house. I like to be warm.

See my curly chest hair? It's a snow magnet. I have to wear a stupid looking coat when I go outside or I get covered with ice balls.

When Mom says it's "around zero" I know that I can't walk very far without my feet hurting.

Picture of Sunny PrayingDear God, this is your faithful canine Sunny.

You are a great God.

Thank you for my wonderful home.

Where did the leaves go?

Where did the grass go?

Where did the flowers go?

As soon as it pleases you, Lord, little dogs with curly chests need the snow to melt and the sun to shine and the earth to return to normal.

Amen.

Picture of Sunny SleepingUntil then, I think I'll go back to sleep.

No comments: