Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Monday, May 08, 2006

Opal Yarn in the Mail

I ordered some of the new Opal from Simply Socks Yarn Company on Thursday evening and it was in my mailbox today. Almost instant gratification. It was my first order from Allison, but with service like that it won't be my last.

Opal Petticoat 1291 in the skeinThe picture used to sell this yarn shows Petticoat 1291 with deeper colors than it actually has.

My skein is a pastel beauty. I'm going to enjoy picking a pretty pattern to go with the lovely colors and knitting it up.

It's going to be my next pair of socks, Mom's birthday socks, unless I change my mind or Mom tells me she doesn't like it.


Opal Hagebutte Rosehips in the skeinThis is Opal Hagebutte Rose Hips. Looking at the Opal picture, I never dreamed the actual yarn was going to be this gaudy colorful.

The colors are bright and the color repeats are very short. If I had seen this yarn in person, I probably would not have purchased it. But, now that I have it, I'm challenged to find a pattern that will show off the colors. Maybe something with a slip stitch.

Any pattern suggestions for multicolored yarn with short lengths of each color?

No comments: