Please don't tell them how easy these are to make.
Need a quick, rich sweet bar to round out your holiday cookie plate? Here it is.
Butter Pecan Turtle Cookies
2 cups flour
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup butter - needs to be soft, at room temperature
1 cup pecan halves
- Mix well.
- Pat firmly into an ungreased 13 X 9 pan.
- Spread pecan halves evenly on top.
2/3 cup butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
- Heat with constant stirring until boiling.
- Boil for 1 minute.
Note: I do the heating and boiling in the microwave.
1 minute - whip with whisk - 1 minute - whip with whisk.
You can tell when it starts to boil and thicken.
Then, give it 45 more seconds, whip with whisk, and it's done.
In my microwave the total procedure takes 4 minutes.
- Pour over crust and pecans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes
1 cup milk chocolate chips (not semi-sweet)
- Sprinkle chips over top immediately after removing from oven.
- Chips will partially melt, but still look like chips. That bothered me at first, but it's OK.
- Cool slightly and cut. They're much easier to cut when they're still a bit warm.