Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Friday, January 11, 2008

Snakes and Ladders Finished

This sweater is for the January, February, March CIC toddler sweater and vest challenge.

We're knitting sizes 2 (24") and 4 (26") with a challenge goal of 200 sweaters/vests for the Eastern European orphan homes.

My personal goal is four sweaters. This is the first of the four.

It's not washed and blocked yet, but it's done.

I still have red wool left, maybe enough for another little gansey, so I'll wait and wash them together.


Pattern: Pattern: Snakes and Ladders Gansey from Knitting Ganseys by Beth Brown-Reinsel. Rolled neckline replaced by ribbed neckline. An extra inch of stockinette at the bottom to lengthen the sweater for warmer coverage.

Yarn: Knitpicks Wool of the Andes, 100% wool.

Color: Firecracker heather (left over from Autumn Song)

Needles: #2 and #4.

Gauge: 6 stitches/inch, 8 rows/inch in pattern

Dorothy and I are planning to knit the Set-in Sleeve Aran in Janet's Szabo's book Aran Sweater Design starting in April. Anyone like to join us?

I do have to give this sweater a better name. Set-in Sleeve Aran is too uninspiring, even for me.





This Knitpicks Wool of the Andes worsted swatch for the Set-in Sleeve Aran was knit last month. The color is Blue Ice Heather, needle size #5.

Gauge is almost perfect, but I've decided I want to find a softer yarn since this sweater will be worn next to my skin.

No comments: