Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Friday, May 04, 2007

Friday's Feast for May 4

It's Friday, so let's have a Feast.

Appetizer - Name something you would not want to own.

A knitting machine.

About twenty years ago I bought a nice one and took lessons, so I have experience to back up my thoughts.

The machine knitting process is nothing like hand knitting. It's more like running a machine - because that's what it is.

It ended up stored under the bed for a year. Then I hauled it out and sold it to a woman who was thrilled to take it off my hands.

Soup - Describe your hair (texture, color, length, etc.).

MeFine textured but thick. About 80% white, 20% warm brown. Short and blunt cut. Slightly wavy when I don't blow it dry.

I get it cut every six weeks. The picture is the week before a haircut, so that's almost as long as it gets.


Salad - Finish this sentence: I’ll never forget ___________.

Baby Heather Louise, 1968The day I met my daughter, Heather Louise.

After a nine month wait, her dad and I were invited to come to the adoption agency and check out a baby girl.

She was a delightful two month old baby with red hair, dressed in pink from head to toe. We loved her at first sight.

Three days later she was legally ours and we took her home.


Main Course
Which famous person would you like to be for one day? Why?


Forget the fame. I want to be someone who knows Japanese and English.

I would spend the day translating the Japanese Heirloom Knitting book and writing notes so I could do more translations after turning back into myself.

Dessert
Write one sentence about yourself that includes one thing that is true and another thing that is not.


I bought a new John Deere tractor this week and now my lawn will be perfect.

No comments: