Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Saturday, January 06, 2007

Step Socks, Sky, and S3 IS

Step 18 socks with cuffs almost donePattern: Basic sock with wide ribbing on cuff and instep

Yarn: Austermann Step with Aloe Vera and Jojoba Oil

Color: 18 (grays and red)

Needles: Addi Turbo #1

Gauge: 8 stitches/inch, 10 rows/inch

These are my birthday socks knit with yarn from a Christmas gift. The perfect knit to fit in while I'm procrastinating finishing the second Peerie Brocade sleeve.

They're pretty basic. I did try a little purl pattern on the cuff to jazz them up a bit, but it doesn't show well in the almost black yarn and wasn't worth doing. Although it did give me a little break from the ribbing.

The yarn is soft and lovely. I'm looking forward to getting these socks on my feet. I'm not looking forward to getting another year older.

Saturday Sky for January 6, 2007The sky keeps trying to clear and the dark clouds keep moving in to prevent it.

This past week we've had unseasonably warm weather, a few days in the low 50s. Instead of enjoying it, Michiganders are concerned about the fruit trees thinking it's time to bloom when there are three months of winter ahead.

Next week the forecast is back to winter weather. Remind me not to complain. After all, it is January.

New S3 IS digital cameraThis was my Christmas present from Bob. I hadn't asked for a new, bigger, better camera and was completely surprised and excited to get it.

It's a tad more complicated than my little point and click model, but once I figure out how to use it I'm going to have great fun taking better pictures to share with you all.

No comments: