Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Start of Shetland Rib Socks

Start of Shetland Rib SocksPattern: Shetland Lace Rib Socks

Yarn: Opal sock yarn, 75% wool, 25% nylon

Color: UNI-Solid Cream

Needles: Addi Turbo #1

Gauge: 8 stitches/inch, 10 rows/inch in stockinette

I needed something to knit in the Toyota waiting room this afternoon.

Grasshopper sweater is ready to start armhole decreases. Since I'm making up the pattern as I go along, it didn't qualify as mindless enough for public knitting.

The Opal Rose Hips socks are packaged up in a bag ready to be taken to Idaho, so I didn't want to work on them.

What's a knitter to do? How about casting on a different pair of socks?

For more than a year, I've been wanting to convert the Shetland lace stitch pattern from Barbara Walker into a ribbing for socks. Today I cast on 60 stitches and got a good start on it.

If I like the results when I'm done, I'll write up the pattern.

1 comment:

Teryl Jean said...

These are so dainty and beautiful! I was searching for wristlets or fingerless gloves pattern fine enough to be like shetland lace - when I found your socks. Lovely!